OpenAI, a Microsoft-owned company, has introduced a new AI chatbot for businesses called ChatGPT Enterprise. This new offering is designed to provide enhanced security, privacy, and a range of features tailored to meet the demands of enterprises. The company announced the launch of ChatGPT Enterprise in a blog post on Monday, August 28, 2023.
What is ChatGPT Enterprise?
ChatGPT Enterprise is a version of ChatGPT, the popular AI chatbot app that OpenAI launched in November 2022. ChatGPT uses a powerful language model called GPT-4 to generate natural and engaging conversations with users. ChatGPT has been widely adopted by consumers and businesses alike, with more than 100 million monthly active users and over 80% of Fortune 500 companies using it.
ChatGPT Enterprise is a specialized business edition of ChatGPT that offers more benefits and capabilities for enterprises. Some of the key features of ChatGPT Enterprise are:
- Unlimited access to higher-speed GPT-4 with no usage caps
- Extended context windows for handling longer inputs or files
- Advanced data analysis capabilities, formerly known as Code Interpreter
- Customization options for training and fine-tuning ChatGPT for specific domains and use cases
- Enhanced security and privacy measures, such as encryption, SOC 2 compliance, and domain verification
- An admin console for managing team members, usage insights, and single sign-on (SSO)
Why did OpenAI launch ChatGPT Enterprise?
OpenAI said that it launched ChatGPT Enterprise to address the growing demand for AI-powered chatbots in the business world. The company believes that AI can assist and elevate every aspect of working lives and make teams more creative and productive.
“We believe AI can assist and elevate every aspect of our working lives and make teams more creative and productive. Today marks another step towards an AI assistant for work that helps with any task, is customized for your organization, and that protects your company data,” OpenAI said in its blog post.
OpenAI also said that it received feedback from more than 20 companies of varying sizes and industries that helped shape the development of ChatGPT Enterprise. Some of the beta users of ChatGPT Enterprise include Block, Canva, and The Estée Lauder Cos.
How can businesses use ChatGPT Enterprise?
Businesses can use ChatGPT Enterprise for various purposes, such as:
- Customer service: ChatGPT Enterprise can provide fast and friendly responses to customer queries, complaints, or feedback across multiple channels, such as email, web, or social media.
- Sales and marketing: ChatGPT Enterprise can generate leads, qualify prospects, schedule appointments, send follow-ups, and close deals using natural language.
- Internal communication: ChatGPT Enterprise can facilitate collaboration, knowledge sharing, brainstorming, and decision making among team members or across departments.
- Data analysis: ChatGPT Enterprise can analyze data, generate charts, solve mathematical problems, and perform other tasks using natural language or uploaded files.
- Content creation: ChatGPT Enterprise can create content such as blogs, newsletters, reports, presentations, or social media posts using natural language or uploaded files.
How can businesses get started with ChatGPT Enterprise?
Businesses can get started with ChatGPT Enterprise by signing up on the OpenAI website. The pricing of ChatGPT Enterprise will depend on the size and use cases of each company. OpenAI said that it will work closely with each customer to understand their needs and provide the best solution.
OpenAI also plans to introduce another tier of usage called ChatGPT Business for smaller teams in the future. However, the company did not specify a timeline for this feature.
OpenAI is also working on developing a content moderation system that uses its language models to aid in content moderation decisions and policy development. This system is expected to reduce the time and cost involved in moderating online content.